Sunday, June 19, 2011

#7 Flourless chocolate cake with Garbanzo beans


Ok, I know you might be thinking there is no way you can make a cake with beans and it be good. Well I hate to tell you but you are dead wrong!!! And then I manage to take it a few step farther and take out the sugar and butter......OH, NOW SHE HAS LOST HER DANG MIND....nope! my brain is still in my head (although some people might still want to argue that fact) Now I do not really want to dispute the joy of a cake baked with flour and sugar and butter, dripping with delicious butter cream frosting...I love cake, and I double love cupcakes...but I have husband who can't eat a lot of things and over the last few years our diet has done a lot of changing mostly out of need. I have sworn I would never cut out gluten claiming it was not hurting anyone in this house but now it seems that might not be true. So instead of being heart broken I figure it is just better adapt and move on. This cake is dense and almost brownie like. It is perfect topped with whip cream or ice cream...rich and but light at the same time! I am not 100% awesome with measurement. I know it should be more accurate with this if I am gonna go making up recipes but if you just do what I say, around about, it will turn out and it will not disappoint... I hope......

Flourless Chocolate cake with garbanzo beans

-4 eggs
-1 can garbanzo beans drained
-10 oz chocolate chips..i use bitter or semi sweet(so not a whole bag maybe like a cup plus an hand full ;)
-1/3 cup coconut oil
-one big heaping table spoon almond butter
-three good squirts of agave nectar
1/2 baking soda

*in a blender of food processor, process beans until smooth
*in a a small pot or double bowler, mix chocolate chips, almond butter and coconut oil over low heat until melted
*add chocolate, eggs, baking soda, and agave to beans in food processor and blend until smooth.
*prepare and 9 to 10 inch round cake pan, add batter and bake on 350 for 30-40 minutes or util center is set and a tooth pick comes out clean when put in center of cake.
*cool and top with whip cream or at our house we top it off with coconut milk vanilla bean ice cream!!! WOOT

*****i failed to take a picture BEFORE we almost destroyed the cake....one slice left and it has my name on it!

3 comments: